Australian Faith Community Nurses Association (AFCNA)
- facilitating Faith Community Nursing in Australia
- is a professional organisation
- prepares and supports Faith Community Nurses
- promotes the benefits of Faith Community Nursing
- supports churches to promote whole person health and provide compassionate care
AFCNA provides faith community nurses with:
- information, education, resources and support to perform their role
- networking and mentoring
- professional development
- standards of professional faith community nursing practice
- liaison with comparable professional bodies locally, nationally and internationally
AFCNA helps faith communities with:
to enable them to commence, nurture and sustain an FCN ministry. This includes understanding Health and Care Ministry in the local church.
Faith Community Nursing offers a unique approach to addressing many current problems in health, aged, disability and community care, by mobilising the many gifts and strengths of local churches in innovative ways to address contemporary health and social issues.
How can I find out more?
To grow your understanding subscribe to our mailing list or become a member and receive a FREE short e-book ‘Why the Faith Community Nurse role is an important function of the local church’ as a thank you gift for joining covering:
- why the church needs a health and healing ministry
- a Christian perspective on health
- some links between faith and health
- and a brief history of nursing
We value your privacy. Click here to read more