Faith Community Nurse
- your partner in whole person health
The Faith Community Nurse role is an advanced form of community nursing founded upon Christian principles which seeks to support and strengthen the health and wellbeing of individuals, families and communities.
A Faith Community Nurse (FCN) can provide HEALTH:
- promote whole person health
- promote family and community health
- empower self-care and support self-management
Education and counselling
- help people understand their health issues
- support individuals, families, groups and community with health education via print, seminars, groups and personally
- brief health counselling
Advocacy and Referral
- enable people to navigate the health system
- locate resources, obtain referrals, source health support
- advocate with services if necessary
Training and Coordination
- develop health and pastoral care volunteers to ensure quality support in all activities
- care coordination and case management support
Listening and visiting
- discuss health, social and spiritual concerns
- visit at home, residential care, hospital and after discharge
- enable people to stay connected to family and community
Hope and Spiritual Care
- sustain spiritual growth and healing
- prayer and spiritual support
- provision of pastoral care
All FCN functions are undertaken to promote HEALTH, HEALING and WELLBEING of the WHOLE PERSON - body, mind and spirit.
Learn about the FCN role in 2020
Save the dates for face to face training
- FREE Introduction to Faith Community Nursing Tuesday 12th May in Adelaide
- Foundation of Faith Community Nursing Course Part 1 Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd June in Adelaide, Part 2 Monday 29th and Tuesday 30th July in Adelaide
If you can’t join us in person these courses will be filmed and online versions created to be released later in 2020.
As a member/subscriber your will be the first to know when you can book into the workshops and courses.
‘The Faith Community Nurse role is an important function of church ministry’.
To increase your understanding of why the FCN role is integral to the church become a subscriber or member and receive a short eBook called ‘The Faith Community Nurse role is an important function of church ministry’.
It covers why the church needs a health and healing ministry, a Christian perspective on health, some links between faith and health, and a brief Christian history of nursing.
Health areas of focus
There are four areas where FCNs are making a positive difference