Facilitating Faith Community Nursing in Australia
AFCNA is a recognised professional nursing association. It commenced in 1996 to support the specialty of Faith Community Nursing. It is a member of the Council of National Nursing and Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO) in Australia.
As a professional nursing organisation, AFCNA educates, develops, and supports Faith Community Nurses, in Australia’s Christian faith communities, to promote whole health.
We will continue to be the lead professional association in Australia to inspire, progress and promote the Faith Community Nurse role in health and pastoral care ministry.
We will work to develop pastoral health and care ministry within faith communities locally and internationally, to effect God’s kingdom on earth.
How do we do this?
- prepares and supports Faith Community Nurses
- promotes the benefits of Faith Community Nursing
- supports churches to promote whole person health and provide compassionate care
AFCNA provides faith community nurses with:
- information, education, resources and support to perform their role
- networking and mentoring
- professional development
- liaison with comparable professional bodies locally, nationally and internationally
AFCNA helps faith communities with:
- information and planning packs to establish faith community nursing
- resources and training
- networking opportunities
to enable them to commence, nurture and sustain a Faith Community Nursing ministry and add a health focus to Pastoral Care.
Learn more about
Like’ our Facebook page and ‘subscribe’ to our You Tube Channel to keep up-to-date with AFCNA and resources for FCN’s and churches health and care ministry