Membership is ideal for people interested in pastoral health and care ministry, faith community nurses, and health professionals working in faith-based settings.
Join us and we both benefit
Share our vision and become a member
Your membership fees support the vision and mission of AFCNA to promote the role of Faith Community Nursing in Australia and support Faith Community Nurses.
Benefits of being a member
As a member of AFCNA you have full access to resources and networks, receive discounts on professional development opportunities and in our shop, be eligible for mentoring, and you are part of a professional organisation.
- access to the Members' Area of the website which has information/templates to assist you with meeting your professional practice standards, and resources to provide spiritual care
- regular email newsletters and the Whole Health Magazine 3 times per year delivered to your inbox.
- opportunities to keep up to date in the specialty of faith community nursing at reduced prices. AFCNA provides continuing professional development courses that are contextually relevant, and of an excellent professional standard so you stay up-to-date in your practice.
- discounts on products in our online shop such as the Documentation Pack
- connection and networking with Christian nurses with mutual professional and faith interests, who are passionate about shaping the future of Australia’s health care from their Christian values, in Australia and internationally
- eligibility to receive mentoring in the FCN role from an experienced FCN who understands your practice context
- you are part of a professional organisation through which you can have your say, and you have voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and eligibility to become a Board member
How do I join?
Full membership is only $50.00AUD per year ($30 concession) and this is tax deductible for health professionals.
- Pay through the website below with a credit card
- Direct Deposit: Australian Faith Community Nurses Association Inc. BSB 704 -922 Account: 100012768 (new bank account). Please insert your name as the reference code and mark it as membership.
- Post a cheque to: AFCNA (Attention Treasurer): PO Box 2707, Kent Town DC, S.A. 5071
We ask you to create a profile with your website payment or complete the Annual Membership Renewal form, to provide AFCNA with information about you that helps us maximise our member support. AFCNA keep this information on our secure membership database. Your privacy is assured. Click here to read more about privacy.
Download either Annual Membership Application and Renewal Form PDF or Annual Membership Application and Renewal form Word, which have our bank details. Please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post the completed form to PO Box 2707 Kent Town DC, S.A. 5071.
Learn more about the benefits of membership
Accessing the Members' Area of the website
As soon as you have paid through the website you will have immediate access to the Members' Area of the website, and through there links to discounted online courses and products, and instructions for how to join the AFCNA community in the International Knowledge Sharing Platform for FCNs.
If you didn't pay your membership through the website, we will manually add you to the website which will trigger emails, with your user name, instructions and a link for changing your password. We will let you know when this has been done so you can check your spam/junk folders as the emails may go there.
If you need more information on accessing the Members' Area of the website or the online education platform click here