AFCNA provides Faith Community Nurses with:
- internationally recognised Foundations of Faith Community Nursing course
- continuing professional education (members can access courses at a reduced price and some are FREE)
- information and professional practice resources
- regular eNews and Whole Health Magazine 3 times per year (for subscribers and members)
- documentation templates to perform their role (the AFCNA Documentation Pack is discounted for members and free for course participants of the Foundations course)
- members can get support via AFCNA's national mentoring and a community of practice which includes international FCNs through the Westberg Institute knowledge sharing platform
- liaison with comparable national/international organisations
AFCNA is an ecumenical, recognised professional nursing association that commenced in 1996 to support the specialty of Faith Community Nursing in Australia.
AFCNA is a member of the Council of National Nursing and Midwifery Organisations (CoNNMO) in Australia, and an AFCNA board member attends the CoNNMO meetings twice per year representing Faith Community Nursing.
In addition AFCNA members have unlimited access to the many resources in the members' area of the website covering:
This section provides resources for the provision of spiritual care including examples of spiritual care tools, ideas for rituals and their use, and resources for personal faith development.
This section provides tools and templates to support you to meet your professional standards and responsibilities as a Registered Nurse such as:
- Template for a 'Professional Practice Portfolio' to demonstrate evidence of your contribution to the Nursing profession.
- 'Audit Information for Faith Community Nurses' booklet
- Professional Indemnity insurance requirements with templates to assess the adequacy of your insurance cover
- 'Accountability Self-assessment tool' for FCNs
Join in networking and community of practice
- Community of Practice launched in 2021
- community with international FCNs through the Westberg Institute knowledge sharing platform
For more information
Log in to access the Members' area