Australian Faith Community Nurses Association (AFCNA)- facilitating Faith Community Nursing in Australia
Faith Community Nursing offers a unique approach to addressing many current problems in health, aged, disability and community care, by mobilising the many gifts and strengths of local churches in innovative ways to address contemporary health and social issues.
Click here to learn more about the Faith Community Nurse Role
Learn more about
- AFCNA: who we are and what we do
- Faith Community Care Faith Community Care (FCC) is health focused pastoral care ministry using gifted and specifically trained volunteers and people with health professional knowledge and skills to effectively care for people in the church’s congregation and reach out to the community the church serves.
- Health and Pastoral Care Ministry - adding health to pastoral care
- Putting Faith in Action as a health professional
- Be a source of hope
- Promoting whole person health
Key role and relationships in Faith Community Nursing
What else does AFCNA provide?
- Education and Training: AFCNA provides excellent faith-based education, information and resources to equip and support Faith Community Nurses and facilitate everyone to provide effective Faith Community Care.
- Resources: AFCNA provides resources to support your work and ministry
- Community of Practice: An opportunity to meet with peers, interact, share ideas, communicate concerns, celebrate wins, encourage colleagues and pray for one another. Click here for Events to register for the next one
- Mentoring: The National Mentor supports and encourages FCN’s in their ministry, so FCNs across this country can further improve health outcomes for Australians.
- Membership: full access to resources and networks, receive discounts on professional development opportunities and in our shop, be eligible for mentoring, and you are part of a professional organisation
How can I find out more?
To grow your understanding subscribe to our mailing list or better yet become a member and support the vision and mission of AFCNA to promote the role of Faith Community Nursing and Faith Community Care in Australia, and support Faith Community Nurses. As a member of AFCNA you have full access to resources and networks, receive discounts on professional development opportunities and in our shop, be eligible for mentoring, and you are part of a professional organisation.
We value your privacy. Click here to read more